The Los Angeles Acting Conservatory: one of the Best Acting Schools in Los Angeles, California
Admissions for International Students
Training for Actors, and Filmmakers
Step 1: Skype Interview
A Skype interview is required before receiving an application. Please contact us to schedule a Skype appointment with you.
Step 2: The Application Materials
- Completed international application form.
- Headshot or photo.
- Copy of your passport.
- Resume (beginner actors are not required to have a resume).
- Essay: all applicants must provide an essay or video explaining “Why they would like to study at the Los Angeles Acting Conservatory.” Essays and Videos must be in English and should be 150-200 words or 2 minutes long.
1 letter of recommendation.
- For the Acting Program: a 3-8 minute acting reel in English (choose a contemporary monologue in English, upload it to youtube and email us a link).
- For the FilmMaking/Directing Program: 5-7 minute sample reel of something filmed by the applicant or 5-7 pages of a creative writing sample.
Step 3: The Application Fee
Step 4: The I-20 Form
- Paying your I-901 SEVIS Fee
- Applying for your non immigrant visa at your U.S. Embassy or Consulate
- Entering the United States: Bring your Form I-20 with you when you enter the United States. You will present it to U.S, Customs and Border Protection officers at the port of entry when you arrive. You may arrive up to 30 days before the start date listed on your Form I-20.
Step 5: The SEVIS Fee
Who needs to pay the SEVIS Fee?
- All prospective F-1 students from countries where a visa to travel to the United States is mandatory.
- All prospective F-1 students from visa waiver countries (before seeking admission at a U.S. port of entry).
- Any nonimmigrant in the United States applying for a change of nonimmigrant status to F-1 status (before applying for a change of nonimmigrant status).
DON´T FORGET TO PRINT YOUR RECEIPT
- The printed confirmation will serve as proof of payment for the I-901 SEVIS Fee.
- Print a receipt of payment after you have completed your I-901 payment on FMJfee.com.
Step 6: The U.S. Embassy Interview
Step 7: Visa Approval
POLICY ON TRANFERRING CREDITS EARNED AT OTHER INSTITUTIONS
The Los Angeles Acting Conservatory does not accept credits earned at other institutions or through challenge examinations and achievement tests. This institution has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other college or university that would allow for the transfer of credits earned at that college or university to the Los Angeles Acting Conservatory.
Actors must be 18 years of age, or 17 years of age with parental approval. All students pursuing a certificate program at the Los Angeles Acting Conservatory, one of the best performing arts schools, must be proficient in English. Non-U.S. residents or international applicants, for whom English is not the first or native language, are required to submit proof of English proficiency, in the form of:
- An official transcript verifying completion of secondary education in which English is the primary language of communication.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 520 or higher
- An interview with the international student coordinator.
All students pursuing a degree from the Los Angeles Acting Conservatory must show proof of high school graduation. To fulfill this requirement, applicants must submit ONE of the following documents:
- Copy of a high school academic transcript.
- Copy of high school diploma.
- Copy of state-issued high school equivalency certificate.
- Copy of Associate’s degree or college transcript from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university (for students who have completed partial undergraduate coursework).
- Copy of a fully-completed Department of Defense form DD-214 indicating that the applicant completed high school prior to or during his/her armed forces service.
- Home school transcript accredited by the state.
The Los Angeles Acting Conservatory generally does not consider prior experiential learning as a substitute for the transcript requirements described above. Applicants who do not have the required credentials may choose to audit a program at LAAC, but will not be eligible to receive a degree or certificate of completion without submitting the necessary transcripts.
Admissions for International Students
All application materials should be submitted to:
Admissions for International Students | Admissions for International Students | Admissions for International Students | Admissions for International Students
Mission of the Acting school Los Angeles:
The Los Angeles Acting Conservatory recognizes that every actor is unique. You will develop a comprehensive set of “acting tools, your very own “Golden Box” that you can use at any time when approaching a role or a scene, whether it be for film, television, or theater. The Acting School’s acting techniques are based on the Meisner Technique, Lee Strasberg’s Method, Stella Adler, Stanislavski’s System, and the Chekhov technique.
Our Acting School provides a creative and pro-active environment that fosters you to be ready to work in the film, television and theater industry.
**We encourage you to take risks and work on challenging and daring material that will stretch you and push you beyond your limits.
**As an actor of The Los Angeles Acting Conservatory you will learn how to market yourself as an actors and learn about the business of acting.
**You will develop intellectual, analytical, and critical abilities, learning how to read comedic and dramatic plays, television and film scripts, how to analyze their content, and how to determine the best way to approach a role.
The diversity of our faculty from working actors, directors and producers is one reason we are considered to have the best acting classes in Los Angeles.
Our acting school in America trains our students to become professional working actors in film, television and theater.
There are many performing arts colleges and other colleges in Los Angeles California but come and see why we are considered one of the top 10 acting schools Los Angeles. Acting School: Acting Classes in LA -Learn Acting at one of the best acting colleges.
Acting Schools and Colleges in Los Angeles| Los Angeles Acting Conservatory
Though each acting program boasts a distinct acting curriculum, Actors enrolling at a performing arts academy in Los Angeles can expect to take at least some if not all of the following acting courses in LA: Acting for Film, Acting for Film: Scripted TV, Movement, Improvisation, Business of Acting, Scene Study, Building a demo Reel, acting Technique and Scene Study, Singing for Actors, Voice and Speech, Stunt Workshop and accent reduction. We use acting techniques that other performing arts academy and acting colleges in Los Angeles lack. There are many acting schools in California come and see why we are considered one of the best acting schools in LA Call the acting school at 310.392.0815 and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org